F.P.T. Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Strainers
FRP Basket Strainer (P-Series)
P-Series is a Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Strainer system manufactured with premium grades of vinylester resin: Derakane 411 or Hetron 922. Fluidtrol Strainers feature a five part construction.
These strainers are chemically tolerant of many industrial and process chemicals, including hydrochloric acid.The list is too long to include on this page. If you wish to see if your chemicals are safe to use with our chemically resistant strainers see the "Ashland Chemical Resistance PDF " below.
Materials of Construction
- Two Chemical Barriers: Nominal thickness 10 mils of Nexus veil, resin to 10% reinforcement. (Layers 1 & 4)
- Anti-wicking barrier: 100 mil of chopped strand glass, 75% resin to 25% reinforcement. (Layer 2)
- Structural Layer: Filament wound continuous roving, wind angle 55 deg: 30% resin to 70% reinforcement. (Layer 3)
- Exterior Protection: Polyester resin gel coating. 10 mil thickness. (Layer 5)
This construction offers the finest in chemical and impact resistance. An abrasion resistant construction is available. Specify A-Series, also Fluidtrol H-Series is available for higher temperature applications.
- All inlets and outlets are of flanged construction as standard.
- Fluidtrol FRP strainers are supplied with flanged tops and Teflon envelope style gasket. Other covers are optional.
- Typical applications are for corrosive chemicals inline pipe or as pump strainers.
Port configurations: As standard all basket strainers are of in-line design. For special applications off-set, angled off-set and boot configurations are available.
PRESSURE DROP: FPT basket strainers are engineered to provide the lowest practical pressure loss. Basket open area minimum 4 times the cross sectional area of the pipe.
Pressure Taps are available:
Click on a picture below to view the dimensional data
for the FRP Series Strainers